The Staged Inspection programme consists of 5 separate stage inspections
STAGED BUILDING INSPECTIONS
- Site preparation/ footings: immediately before slab pour.
- Frame stage: Installation of internal linings and application of wet area waterproofing.
- Lock-up stage: when external windows and doors are installed and the roof is on.
- Pre-painting stage: when construction is complete including cabinetry, but before painting.
- Building handover or practical completion: a detailed building inspection will be conducted once the builder is satisfied that the construction process is complete and after a final clean has been undertaken preferably a week prior to handover.
This is followed by an optional stage 6 inspection:
- Building warranty inspection: conducted within 6 or 12 months depending on your state as a follow-up second building handover inspection to detect defects, which your builder is obliged to rectify within the warranty period (varies in each state). Note that the 6 year warranty period applies only to structural defects (again this varies in different states).